Avery R. Burton "Excellence in Academics and Sports" Memorial Scholarship
College bound seniors attending a high school in Clark County, Nevada with a 3.5 or higher GPA who have overcome a challenge/adversity may apply for this scholarship. Preference will be given to student athletes. Five scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each will be awarded.
Verification of college enrollment (class schedule) will be required during the summer before check is mailed to the college. Scholarship funds must be applied toward tuition, fees and other appropriate educational expenses. These funds will be disbursed in equal payments over two semesters.
- Avery Burton Foundation
- Supplemental Questions
- Essay - (500-750 words) - Explain a situation where you had to overcome an adversity.
- Please upload a letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, administrator, coach or advisor.
- Please upload a letter of recommendation (a second letter; any source other than a peer or relative).
- Please upload your resume.
- Please upload your most current transcript (unofficial).