Boulder Blue Scholarship
Applicants who currently reside in Boulder City, Nevada, high school seniors currently attending Boulder City High School in Clark County, Nevada, OR applicants who have previously attended Boulder City High School or Garrett Junior High School in Clark County, Nevada, may apply for this scholarship. Applicants must plan to attend a trade school, community college or 4-year college/university. This scholarship seeks applicants with financial need, not always the highest GPA. You will be considered for this scholarship even if you’ve earned C’s and/or D’s. Ten scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each will be awarded and recipients may reapply for the scholarship in the following years of their post-secondary education. Recipients with greater need may be awarded additional funds.
Verification of college enrollment (class schedule) will be required during the summer before check is mailed to the college. Scholarship funds must be applied toward tuition, fees and other appropriate educational expenses. These funds will be disbursed in equal payments over two semesters.
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you attended Boulder City High School or Garrett Junior High School?
- Please list the Boulder City school or schools you have attended.
- Please list the names of your parent(s)/guardian(s).
- Please explain the employment of your parent(s)/guardian(s) and if you're employed. Include job(s) held by each person in your family.
- Please list the trade schools, colleges, and/or universities to which you have applied in preference order.
- Which college do you plan to attend?
- What will your major be at that school?
- Essay - 250-400 words - Please describe your goals, financial need, personal skills and commitment to your community.
- Please upload a "Financial Need Letter" explaining why you need assistance with your college/school expenses.
- Please upload a letter of recommendation from someone who can speak to your determination and ability to succeed.
- Please upload your most current transcript (unofficial).
- Show 6 more