2023 NV AFL-CIO Arnold/Jones/Evans Scholarship
Nevada high school seniors in the graduating class of 2023 with a 2.0 or higher GPA may apply for this scholarship. One parent must be an active or retired member in good standing of any local union affiliated with the Nevada State AFL-CIO. Student must be planning to attend a college, university, vocational or trade school. Five scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each will be offered.
Verification of college enrollment (class schedule) will be required during the summer before a check is mailed to the college. Scholarship funds must be applied toward tuition, fees and other appropriate educational expenses. These funds will be disbursed in equal payments over two semesters.
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a 2023 Nevada high school graduate?
- Is your parent an active or retired member in good standing of any local union affiliated with the Nevada State AFL-CIO?
- Please list the Local Union & Local Union number of your parent who is an active or retired member in good standing of any local union affiliated with the Nevada State AFL-CIO.
- Statement of your career goals. Please include the name of school you will be attending after high school and your career goals.
- Essay - 1,000 words minimum - Generation Z is the most pro-union generation alive, with more support for unions among today's young adults than previous generations ever had at the same age. Why do you think that is, and what do you think that means for the future of labor as more and more Gen Z members enter the workforce each year?
- Please upload your most current transcript (unofficial).
- Show 1 more